Aesthetica Short Film Festival Open for Submissions
Having firmly established itself as one of the most exciting site-specific cinema experiences in the UK, the BAFTA Qualifying Aesthetica Short Film Festival (ASFF) promises to return bigger than ever 5-8 November 2015 following the overwhelming success of the 2014 edition. The four-day event transforms 15 of the most historic and iconic places in York into pop-up cinemas, screening the best in independent film from across the world. There will also be masterclasses, networking opportunities, talks and Q&As to engage with industry leaders, such as BAFTA, Channel 4 and Association of Camera Operators.
The ASFF team are now looking for new films for 2015 and are inviting submissions from emerging and established filmmakers pushing the boundaries of short film to new and exciting levels. Not only will finalists have the chance to present their film to a range of industry insiders and thousands of festival attendees, there are cash prizes up for grabs and the opportunity to appear in a number of other UK festivals with the ASFF guest programme tour.
ASFF 2015 Prizes:
- Screenings at the BAFTA Qualifying ASFF 2015
- All films are in competition
- Awards for Best Film in each category and People’s Choice
- Eligibility to enter the EE British Academy Film Awards (BAFTA)
- Screenings in various guest programmes at other film festivals
- Editorial in Aesthetica Magazine and on Aesthetica’s online channels (180,000 readership worldwide)
The genres accepted include, advertising, animation, artists’ film, comedy, dance, documentary, drama, experimental, fashion, music video and thriller. We accept running times up to 30 minutes and the deadline is 31 May 2015.
Find out more at www.asff.co.uk/submit